While there may be an app for that, I prefer using the old fashioned paper and pen to keep track of appointments and general daily happenings. Part of the charm of old schoolin’ it is the ability to customize the calendar to personal specifications.
- Maruman Mnemosyne Inspiration 5mm Squared notebook
- Felt pen
- Stickers, washi tape, and stamps for decoration
- Going across the page, count out six squares. Using a pencil, make a small mark at the end of the sixth square. Repeat until you reach the end of the page.
- Going down the page, count of give square. Using a pencil, make a small mark of the end of the fifth square. Repeat until you reach the end of the page.
- Based on the marks made above, use a ruler and draw lines down and across the page. The end result is a 5 x 7 grid.
- Label the days of the week across the top line of the page, making sure that each day gets its own column.
- Using a calender as a reference, fill in the days of the week.
- Repeat the steps above for each month of the year. Use stickers, washi tape, stamps, etc. to decorate.
- At 70 pages, the Maruman notebook has enough space for 5 years. However, I like to use the additional pages for extra notes from documenting special days or just keeping my thoughts in order.
- Washi tape tends to be cheaper online though general craft stores like Michael’s and Jo-ann’s now sell it.
- Scrapbook.com has a massive collection of letter stickers. Check out their clearance section for some great deals.